Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tomato Cage Christmas Tree

I have been getting lots of festive holiday crafting inspiration from Pinterest. It is fun to add a little something new each year and I really wanted to have some lights outside. Light up decorations can be really expensive so when I saw this idea for light up trees using upside down tomato cages as the base I thought that is something I can actually pull off! So I grabbed a few cages from the back yard and picked up a string of led lights for each tree. I used wire based garlands to swirl around the cages. They were very quick and easy to set up. You can just use the branches like a twist tie to anchor it to the cage in a few spots. Then just string the lights through the garland and fluff out the branches. I also learned the hard way to weight them down with a brick. We had a crazy storm front come through the other day and actually ripped the lights right out of the socket.

No comments:

Post a Comment